The Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR) is committed to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in research and the U campus community.
In a recent statement, the VPR Office committed to taking action against systemic racism and discrimination in research, and to support measurable actions that address equality, diversity and inclusion in our U community. In partnership with university leadership, the VPR Office has launched programs to enhance equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) within the U research community. These include:
- Research Climate
- Measure and track campus-wide commitments to diversity in research
- Provide training in implicit bias for researchers
- Heighten the integrity of the U research process within our climate
- Funding Resources
- Support voluntary cost-share for EDI-related research proposals
- Diversity administrative supplements
- Grant writing support for investigators experiencing hardship
The goal of these programs is to provide an equitable, supportive, and inclusive environment for researchers at the University of Utah, and to make the research enterprise accessible to current and prospective Utah residents of all backgrounds. These programs, some which are still under development, have been informed by the U research community and will serve as an initial framework for future EDI, anti-racism, and discrimination initiatives. For more details about the EDI programs, please visit the sites below.